How to treat pressure feeling in head behind left eye with history of mitral valve prolapse?

today my BP is 99/62 i get lightheaded and pressure like feeling in my head particularly behind my left eye almost like a headache. Sometimes I feel as though im going to faint but I dont with darkening vision. I have mitral valve prolapse, would this cause this problem??
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 34 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

From the history provided your symptoms appear to be due to orthostatic hypotension.

Presence of cardiac conditions like MVP and development of low blood pressure symptoms could indicate the onset of possible congestive cardiac failure.

You might benefit by consulting a cardiologist for a proper assessment and treatment of your condition.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.