How to treat obesity and associated weakness ?

i need some medical advice. I am experiencing weakness in thighs and legs since few days. My stomach has also grown in size since last few months. I am frequently drinking beer since last few moinknths. Is the problem due to excessive fats?I think the grown stomach is putting pressure on thighs and causing weakness feeling.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 48 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

Well overweight or obesity do give rise to problems like you have. Weakness in the limbs is to be considered as an alarm that you are getting overweight and there is need to burn the stored calories.

Its not true that the abdomen is bearing weight or applying pressure on the thighs and causing the weakness you have.

Loosing weight is the best and only answer to such type of symptoms. Start from a brisk walk to mild jog and then to stretching exercises and get involved in outdoor games. Initially these may not be satisfying but as time passes they will surely help you to the maximum.

Do avoid beer it adds to the problem.Good diet management with low carbohydrate and low fat diet will help here.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: How to treat obesity and associated weakness ? 23 hours later
Can pushups reduce the excess stomach fat?Please guide on what should be the exact exercise i need to do and the diet to be followed to support the same.What if the fat is alllowed to remain as it is.I mean what are the side effects.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for following me up,

Yes, push ups will help. Abdominal exercises are the best for loosing the fat in that area.Spinning ,Walking, aerobic exercises (Pranayama ) etc are the best non straining methods.

Well you mat have to consult a gym trainer to get a clear idea on how to do the exercise as he can demonstrate them to you.

Fat and carbohydrate foods will increase the calorific value of the food and make you obese , hence do avoid them.Take fruits and vegetables for a meal in a day, do eat less in the nights.

Do not go for any medications as they could have there own side effects.

Wish you Good health.