Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

How to treat moles on the right foot?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 2591 Questions
Okay ive had this problem with my right foot at first the doctors thought it was athletes foot gave me meds for it did nothing for me so ive had it over a year now but more recently its been worse my skin is splittingg open and i dont know if it consides but the same time it started to get worse i compelety lost the feeling of hunger i have to force myself to eat something while also devloping more moles and my hair seems to be failing out more then usual
Posted Sat, 18 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Kindly answer the following to comment further

What medication were you advised for the athletes foot.
What medication are you using currently
Can you upload some images of the skin lesions that you described.

Wishing you best of health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to treat moles on the right foot? 31 hours later
Im not exaclty sure what the medicine was called but i know i got two one to treat it and the other to protect the skin that split open and im currently taking over the counter stuff which seems to have the same result as what i recieved from the doctor
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 16 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Based on the images you uploaded, a fungal infection is likely. If the diagnosis is in doubt then scraping test should be performed to confirm it.

Initially topical antifungal such as clotrimazole are advised. If the lesions do not resolve with topical treatment then oral antifungal drugs such as terbinagine can be considered for treatment.

The adverse effects which you described are not usually scene with antifungal treatment specially topical preparations.

For quicker resolution adding a zinc supplement can also help. Keep the area dry and for superimposed bacterial infections in the areas which are cracked/ open wounds, topical antibiotics like gentamicin should also be applied.

Wishing you best of health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor