How to treat itchy mosquito bite that has red ring shape like ringworm?
User rating for this question
A mosquito bite that is larger and itchier than the others, and has a red ring shape kind of like ringworm. It hasn't grown since I got it 4 days ago, what's going on?
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: History and clinical assessment are required Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX The lesion that you have described can be due to an insect bite or due to fungal infection (ring worm infection). Is there history of insect bite? In cases of insect bites anti-histaminics are commonly prescribed to reduce the irritation. However, in case of fungal infection, anti-fungals are used. The treatment of both the conditions is different. It is advisable to consult your doctor for clinical assessment of the lesion, relevant investigations and thus management. If you have more queries, i will be glad to answer. Dr Shailja P Wahal
People also viewed
- Can carac cure skin cancer, basal cell ?
- How to treat ringworm
- Skunk spray on skin rash
- How long to treat ringworm
- Will keralyt scalp treat plantar warts ?
- Can nizoral cure onychomycosis, toenail?
- Can i take roferon a for kidney cancer ?
- How to treat ringworm with cortizone
- Rash on my scrotum
- Skin rash when touching snot
- Bug bites that look like ringworm
- Smoking weed and skin rash
- Can i take dymista for nasal allergies ?
- Bite on leg looks like ringworm
- Skin rash from soil