How to treat hyper acidity problem?

I am having Hyper acidity problem and want to know solution for the same. I think due to this issue my weight is also increasing which is now 68 approx Plz help me out as I am facing this issue from last 2 years. I am also suffering from Alergic Asthama for that I am taking forcort as and when required.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Omeprazole will help Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. I am sorry about the hyperacidity problem. I usually treat my patients with similar problem with a course of antacids like Capsule Omez around 20mg daily on an empty basis for a minimum of 3 weeks. You may want to get this prescribed by your doctor as well. Together with this, take bland diet and drink plenty of water orally. Avoid spicy and oily food. This will take care of the hyperacidity problem. Your increasing weight is not due to hyperacidity problem. You said that you are taking Forcort for Asthma. I assume it is a steroid medication. In such a case, steroids cause increase in weight after long term use. Please check with your doctor about the same as well. Let me know if you have more queries. Get well soon. Regards,
Follow-up: How to treat hyper acidity problem? 10 minutes later
Hi...Thanx for your valuable assistance..further plz suggest any solution for loosing you told that due to my regular medicine I might gaining wait but pkease note I m not taking this medicine on regular basis so y my waitis increasing???
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: low thyroid function can be a cause Detailed Answer: Hi, Regular exercise and healthy diet can help you reduce weight. There is no short cut for it. I am glad you are taking the medicine occasionally. In such a case, under or low thyroid function can cause you to increase weight as well. Hence, I suggest you to get your thyroid function test done. Regards,
Follow-up: How to treat hyper acidity problem? 21 hours later
Thanx..Just reply what I need to do for thyroid test...I can go directly for test or I need doctor letter for the same??
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later
Brief Answer: you can go for test directly Detailed Answer: Hi, You can do a self-referral for the thyroid function test. This includes T3, T4, and TSH levels. You do not need a doctor letter for the same. Hope this helps. Regards,