How to treat high triglyceride levels and pain in the chin ?

my husband has been gettting a really sharp pain in his chin. like it stiffins up and hurts him pretty bad untill it passes. what is this? he just turned 40 he has been diagnosed with extremely high triglyceride levels about mo. ago.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 3 hours later
Hi Della,

A sharp pain in the chin , with a history high triglyceride levels, is something which must not be ignored. This may mean a symptom of an underlying block in the blood vessels supplying the heart.This may manifest as chest pain called angina which may radiate to the jaw,back,shoulder and the arms also.

I suggest you consult a General Physician at the earliest and take an ECG. Further tests like 2D echo, stress test and an angiography may be planned if needed.His blood pressure and blood sugar levels need to be examined.

Other conditions such as muscle spasm, trigeminal neuralgia, tooth infection, sinusitis, etc can cause similar symptoms, but given your husband's family history and high triglycerides, it is important to first make sure that there is no cardiac cause.

Hope I answered your query, I am available for follow ups as well.