How to treat haematuria ?

how can i treat hematuria
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 32 hours later
Haematuria is only a manifestation of a disease, and treatment of it would depend upon the inciting cause.
For a start, you apparently have a history of kidney stone disease, and this should be the first point of investigation. You need to have an ultrasound examination of your kidneys and bladder following which you might need to have a CT scan done for a more detailed evaluation.
There are other causes like tumours, infections, bleeding disorders which also can cause blood to appear in urine.
Hope I have been able to help you.
Follow-up: How to treat haematuria ? 34 minutes later
thank you
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 4 minutes later
You are welcome. Let me know if there are issues for discussion.
Follow-up: How to treat haematuria ? 7 hours later
what kind of antibiotics can i take i ruled out kidney stones and uti its just blood and a acheing pain from my ribs to my hips on my right side
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 9 hours later
Hi again,
If you have any kind of pain - ache or otherwise, lateralized to one side(right side, as in your case) - there is a strong case for investigations like Ultrasound, and if required a CT scan of your KUB region. Only if there are no stones in kidneys, and if your urine shows evidence of pus cells and /or bacteria would you require antibiotics. Antibiotics without evidence of infection are not recommended, and should you require to use them empirically, you might get benefit from a class of drugs called quinolones. However, you might not be able to get them from a pharmacy without a doctor's prescription.
Guess I have been able to clarify things.
Best wishes.
Follow-up: How to treat haematuria ? 10 hours later
yes sir were all clear and thanks again
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 15 hours later
You are welcome again :-)