How to treat fast ventricular tachycardia?
User rating for this question
I have had a couple of episodes of fast ventricular tachycardia one on a holder study of 224 bom for 11.8 seconds, my basal inferior left ventricle myocardium has abnormal thinking and enhancement, and I have sudendocardial enhancement/scarring in the anterolateral wall of huge basal and mid left ventricle myocardium. How should this be treated?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Following treatment options for ventric.tachy... Detailed Answer: Hi, Before deciding for the right treatment, you should do the following cardiac tests: - coronarography - electro-physiological study of the heart to determine if the ventricular tachycardia can be reversed. Depending on the problems of the heart, the best treatment will be prescribed: - if ischemia is present, stent or CABG should be the best option - if electro-physiological problems, ablation is the best treatment option; while ICD (Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator) should be considered. I also advise to: - control the thyroid function - avoid alcohol/ caffeine/energetic drinks - try to control stress Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
People also viewed
- Post pregnancy belly band
- Is shortness of breath a side effect of reclast?
- Is shortness of breath a side effect of procrit?
- How many people have ventricular tachycardia
- Is shortness of breath a side effect of prograf?
- Benefits of kale juice
- How bad is ventricular tachycardia
- How to treat fast ventricular tachycardia
- What is desonide cream used for
- Is unusual tiredness a side effect of plaquenil?
- Pain to the left of my belly button
- Side effects of deer antler spray
- Does toprol xl treat ventricular tachycardia
- How serious is ventricular tachycardia
- Is high blood pressure a side effect of trelstar?