How to treat erection problem when all tests are normal?

Hi Doctor, I have erection problem It sbeen normal after some medication from a doctor.again i am suffering from from ed. I have gone through penile doppler test ,every thing is normal.pls suggest an good doctor r hospital in banglore.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Exclude other causes before seeing the doctor Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Firstly, the commonest cause of ED is psychological: constant mental stress/anxiety, fatigue, depression, guilt and fear of sexual failure. Since the Doppler study is normal, the simplest way of EXCLUDING psychological causes, is to note if you have a NORMAL ERECTION during sleep (called Nocturnal Penile Tumusence). A normal erection during sleep EXCLUDES PSYCHOLOGICAL CAUSES. Psychological causes (if applicable) can be easily treated with anti-depressants/anti-anxiety drugs. The second step is to get yourself checked-up and exclude high blood pressure, silent/undiagnosed heart disease, high cholesterol levels (Lipid levels) and diabetes through blood work-up. Since your medical history says that you are healthy, I presume that you are not on any medication. However, stop the following drugs, such as, antihistamines (used for common colds or allergies), antidepressants and sleeping pills,( if at all, you are taking them.) Once psychological factors, high blood pressure and diabetes have been excluded/ruled out, focus your attention to unhealthy Lifestyle- which is the next commonest cause of ED. So, Stop smoking (if you are a smoker); Stop alcohol completely (if you do take alcohol); reduce your body weight (if overweight); do regular physical exercises; stop junk/fast food and, adopt a healthy life style. These positive steps will make a marked difference and show significant positive effects. If you are suffering from low backache or had ever sustained lower back injury, an MRI of lower spine should be done to see if there is any compression over the nerves which supply the penis (and responsible for penile erection). ONLY AFTER EXCLUDING THE ABOVE-MENTIONED CAUSES, you should consult a sexologist, preferably in Apollo Hospital, B'lore. Finally, hormonal imbalance is the least common cause of ED. In the event, you do consult a good doctor, take all your test reports with you for his perusal. He will order for hormonal tests- if deemed necessary- and advise you of the best course of action. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: How to treat erection problem when all tests are normal? 8 minutes later
i heard genisis hospital is also good in TREATING ed, PLEASE SUGGEST.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Genesis Hospital is equally good Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. XXXXXXX I have personally worked in Apollo Hospital, B'lore two years back and can therefore confidently recommend that hospital. However, as per my information, Genesis hospital too is good place for evaluation/treatment of ED. And, I think it is slightly cheaper too. The privilege of choosing a hospital is ultimately YOURS- and your legal right. All the best, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal