How to treat dry skin that leads to blackening and dirty with oil and cream application?

Hi there, I want some help on my skin problem. Ever since my childhood I have extremely dry skin. So to hydrate it I generally apply heavy creams and sometimes oil before shower. But my probelm is after I take shower I still feel my skin is dirty. When I scratch it I can feel dirtbuilt (product leftover caused by heavy creams and oils) in my nails. This leads to blackening of skin and I feel my skin is still dirty. Can you help me with this problem.
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 21 hours later
Hello Thanks for posting your query. I can understand your concern. Oils and creams may at times be difficult to remove and may take some time in the shower. It will be a good idea to wipe off these creams with a wet cloth and then go for the shower. You can use a shower gel for bathing. A little more time in the shower will also be useful. For dry skin, you need to remember to not rub your skin dry after bath, leave it a little moist and then apply a moisturizing lotion in slightly wet skin to trap the moisture in. If you try this method, you can probably stop using the oil application before bath and still the skin will stay moisturized. Hope my recommendations are helpful. Take care