How to treat disturbing bowel movement after vaginal hysterectomy?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
i just had a vaginal hysterectomy 2 weeks ago and I am having issues with having a bowel movement. At first, my bowel movements were very loose. But a week after I got out of the hospital, I started having issues with my bowels. I simply cannot make a decent bowel movement even when I have an urgency to go. What could possibly be wrong?
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). 1.Take high fiber diet (may be psyllium fibers) and lots of liquid in your diet 2.Take triphala powder one teaspoon with warm water or for better result mix it with honey and take it at time of sleep at night and one teaspoon in early morning empty stomach 3.Avoid foods that contain maida. 4. Take meals at least 2 hours before going to bed. 5. Take lots of fruits and vegetables daily 6. Add condiments like jeera, haldi and ajwain in your diet as these all help in digestion 7. take laxative like syrup cremaffin plus which is a combination of sodium picosulphate, milk of magnesia, and liquid paraffin 8. Bowel isssue in you may also be due to calcium you are taking if possible please avoid it I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.

Follow-up: How to treat disturbing bowel movement after vaginal hysterectomy? 7 minutes later
I do not know where to get these Triphala Jeera Haldi Ajwan. Can you give me some alternatives that I can buy at the local drug store or tell me where I can buy these items

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please see details Detailed Answer: Hello! these are codiments which are available in all general stores or just take psyllium fibres and laxative syrup as I advised above. If you do not have any further query , you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you a good health.