How to treat anechoic liver cyst?

Anechotic liver cyst .How XXXXXXX is this?
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 39 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Helthcaremagic ma'am.

Thank you for writing to us.

An anechoic liver cyst can be seen in a number of conditions. They are: simple liver cyst, polycystic liver disease, bile duct hamartoma, etc.

In my opinion the best way to further recognize the type of liver cyst and its importance would be to either get a CT scan of the region or go in for a needle biopsy, after which the tissue sample can be examined in the laboratory and diagnosed.

Most liver cysts in adults are clinically irrelevant and usually left untreated as they are completely harmless. But, this should be concluded only after an elaborate investigation of the cyst.

Depending on the type of cyst, I will be able to tell you its severity. Knowing the size also might greatly help. But, as of now with the information at hand, it seems as though this cyst is completely harmless, and will not be in any way XXXXXXX or harmful to you.

I hope you found my response helpful and informative. Do write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help.

Nice picture by the way.

Best wishes.