How to treat a chemical burn on vulva?

How do you treat a chemical burn on you vulva? Hair removal cream burn in vagina?
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 21 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

With any burn, the surface layer of skin is gone and there is an increased risk of infection. In the hospital, we use a barrier cream called Silvadene cream. If you have access to this, this might be the preferred choice for coverage of the area while it heals.

As an alternative, the area should be soaked or cleaned daily and then apply some bacitracin or antibacterial gel and then cover the area with guaze. If the skin around the burn gets red, swollen or tender, this might be a sign of infecton and a doctor should take a look at the are.

I hope this helps. Please ask if you have more questions.