Ask a Dentist   »  

How to treat Sciatica and Spinal canal stenosis ?

I have symptoms of piriformis syndrome. What type of doctor do I see to diagnose problem?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in TMJ
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 2 hours later

Thanks for your Query.

History of low Back pain with radiation of the pain to one of the hips and lower down to thigh indicates the possibilities of following diseases:
2.Spinal canal stenosis.
3.Herniated discs.
The diagnosis of piriformis syndrome is often given when all of these diagnoses are eliminated as possible causes of pain.

Diagnosis is based in clinical examination and investigations.

Its better to consult a Orthopaedician in this scenario.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.