How to test for hyperventilation disorder?

Im a 41 year old female Ive had a norm stress test, ekg, xrays and holter. Also a norm echo except doppler flow suggest impaired lv relaxation. However, i went to vacuum and my chest got tight and pain shot from my shoulder down my arm. This happens when i get stressed too. My dr seems to think i have hyperventilation disorder but im worried i have something more serious. Med history: possible MS, Ank spondiolosis, uveitis.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: No cardiac problems noticed... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I have seen your test reports, and noticed nothing wrong with your heart. So, you should not be worried about any heart problem. To exclude hyperventilation or other pulmonary problems, I'd suggest to run: - spirometry - sleep study (to exclude sleep apnea) If the tests will result normal, then, should not worry about any health problem. You are 41 years old, entering the pre/menopausal stage during which you might be feeling ill but do not have a real problem. It will vanish when menopause is over and your hormonal levels will be stabilized. All the best! Dr.Benard
Follow-up: How to test for hyperventilation disorder? 37 minutes later
I worry it could be vascular. With the brain lesions etc. i wake up with sleeping arms and legs 3 times a night and as soon as i started to clean today my chest got a sharp pain in the middle radiating to left breast and my arm in between shoulder and elbow, like nerve pain. When a radiologist looked into my eye with contrast a few years ago he said the vessels are inflamed with my uveitis and eye pressure.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Further examination are highly advised.. Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. The symptoms you are experiencing might be related to the lesions of the brain. However, I still insist to do neurological testing and EMG together with sleep study to get the appropriate diagnosis. Although you might have inflamed blood vessels of the eye and eye pressure, that does not mean that other blood vessels of your body will be inflamed too although you have the symptoms. Careful and thorough examinations are needed to come to a final conclusion. Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard
Follow-up: How to test for hyperventilation disorder? 27 minutes later
Do you think the blood vessels in my heart could be affected? Would stress test and echo and ekg pick that up?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Your cardiac tests were normal... Detailed Answer: Hi, If the cardiac tests you did were resulted all negative (normal) there is nothing to worry about cardiac issues. Stress tests, and echo and EKG are the perfect cardiac tests to determine if you have any problem with your heart. They are all fine, so, no need to worry about cardiac issues! Dr.Benard