How to take Prolomet and Ramister to control BP?

Hi, I am using prolomet XL 25mg& ramister 2.5 at around 11.30 am every day from 2 yrs. And my Bp is normal for now. My question is can i use this tablet at night before sleep if i forget morning? If these tablets are not avalable for 3 or 4 days are there any alternatives to control bp/uneasyness?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Can take at night / Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic Good that your pressure is controlled well Prolomet is Metoprolol – a beta blocker. It should not be stopped suddenly – sudden withdrawal may cause rebound – both the pressure and heart rate may shoot up… after a day or two You should ensure continuous supply… Ramister is Ramipril – an ACEI (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitor). Omitting for a day or two has no significant problem… Yes, they can be taken in the night.,, / any time when you remember… An alarm in your hand phone is a good way to remind... most of my patients are doing it Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless
Follow-up: How to take Prolomet and Ramister to control BP? 26 minutes later
Thanks for your answer. One more thing can i take this on emty stomach. Means before breakfast.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: YES Detailed Answer: Hi The drug has no relation to food Also, it does not upset the stomach Take it any time - around same time everyday... Regards