How to take Misoprostol Cytolog for inducing abortion?

Question
hi, I am planning to take misoprostol cytolog(200 mcg) tablets. Please tel me wat is the procedure to follow it Thanks in advance I am having 4 tablets misoprostol cytolog(200 mcg) . Do I need to swallow all the tablets at once for abortion?? Please reply as early as possible if abortion doesnt happen , do I need to take those tablets again? If yes, how many I need to take ? and after how much time? Please reply as early as possible
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Depends on oral or vaginal preparation Detailed Answer: Hi I am wondering if you had bought oral or vaginal preparation. Misoprostol is available in both forms. Vaginal preparations are effective and have fewer side effects. They should be put at once. The dosage depends on the week of pregnancy. Medical Termination of pregnancy is a serious act , hence I suggest you to seek help from local doctor about dose and route of adminstration. IF the first trial does not work out you should see the doctor again. Hope this answers.

Follow-up: How to take Misoprostol Cytolog for inducing abortion? 26 minutes later
I have bought oral tablets. And its been 45 days I got my periods. Please let me know the procedure how to swallow it? Do i need to take all 4 tablets at once ? Please reply as early as possible. I am not in a situation to meet any doctor here. Please tel me the proper procedure to take tablets.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Mt kit Detailed Answer: The abortion completes with mifipristone and misoprostol tablets. The kit above kit contains mifipristone plus 4 tab of misoprostol. It should be taken orally with water any time during early morning only. First mfp and after 24 hours misoprostol. I warn this has to be used under physical guidance of doctor. I do not take any responsibility if it adversely affects your health. Thanks.

Follow-up: How to take Misoprostol Cytolog for inducing abortion? 24 minutes later
Thank you so much for your reply. But wil abortion happens if I just take misoprostol 4 tablets ?? If yes, do I need to take all 4 tablets at once. Please reply asap but I will make sure that you are not responsible for any of the adverse effects. Please suggest me soon.

Brief Answer: no mfp is also important Detailed Answer: Mifipristone is more imp than misoprostol. Otherwise it may not be complete. After 24 hrs misoprostol is given.

Follow-up: How to take Misoprostol Cytolog for inducing abortion? 35 hours later
Hi, I got MT kit I took mifipriston one tablet orally yesterday at 12 am in the morning I am not feeling any effects physically now. Today at 12 , i have to take misopriston tablets right ? That medical shop guy told me to take misopriston tablet each in a gap of 12 hrs. My question is how i should actually take misopriston tablets ? All 4 tablets at once ? Or one by one orally ? Please reply soon

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: two at a time and two after 12 hrs Detailed Answer: Two at a time with 12 hrs gap is ideal. Observe for vaginal bleeding dizziness and fever. If you have uncontrolled symptoms pl see a doctor.

Follow-up: How to take Misoprostol Cytolog for inducing abortion? 2 hours later
Hi, Before you actually do last reply, I had taken only one misoprostol tablet orally with water at 12. After one hour , bleeding has started and Little bit of back pain and dizziness.. Now do I stil take other tablet after 12 hour ? And how I should make sure that abortion has happened completely?

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes complete course Detailed Answer: Hi, You should complete the course as specified. To ensure if the abortion happened completely, you should get an Ultrasound of the abdomen. Thanks

Follow-up: How to take Misoprostol Cytolog for inducing abortion? 46 minutes later
Hi, I actually had heavy bleeding for 3 to 4 hours and so much of blood clamps also. Now also bleeding has continued but not heavy. Do i stil need to take again misoprostol tablets ? Please reply soon

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do not take misoprostol Detailed Answer: Please wait till the bleeding stops and get an Ultrasound scan done.