How to take Hepatitis B vaccination?

Dear Doctor, i wanted to apply for Hepatitis ‘B’ vaccination for my husband. Could you please suggest how to go about it and also the cost of such vaccination. Thanks, XXXX
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Hepatitis B vaccine should be taken in dose of 1 ml at 0, 1 month and 6 month and then a booster is taken at 5 years. The two vaccines available in India are Engerix-B and GeneVac-B. Price should be around 100 INR for one dose. Though it may vary from one pharmacy to another. You can go to a doctor ask him for a prescription of the vaccine. Hope it helps Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee