How to swallow Prozac without it getting stuck in throat?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi, I regularly get my Prozac stuck in my throat...the discomfort and burning sensation lasts all question it safe to remove the powder from the capsules and maybe mix with water before taking. Thanks , XXXX
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: It is safe and some people who have troubles with capsule swalloving, do it regularly. There just may be less efficiency of prozac if this is taken as powder. Also you must be sure that this is not capsule with "slow release" and in this case it is recommended to take in capsule form. Also, It may have very bad taste and smell so take it with some juice. But, before you take it as powder try to drink something first, so your throat isnt dry when you swallow it and see will it help. Also,you can take bread right after you swallow capsule. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards