How to stop lethargic feeling when taking champix?

How to stop lethargic feeling when taking champix
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Congratulations on your efforts to quit smoking. I would like to point out that while the fatigue can be due to Champix, it is also one of the withdrawal symptoms seen in ex-smokers.
The fatigue due to Champix can be expected to wear off on its own in a few weeks. There is no active treatment available as such. If you still have this feeling after a few weeks, the only way would be to alter the dose or replace it with another drug.
However, there are several things you can do to deal with the lethargy which can arise due to withdrawal. These would include:
a. Staying active is one of the best ways of fighting this. A good 30-40 minute walk or jog can really help you deal with this
b. Stay hydrated. This would encompass taking some 2-3 litres of water a day
c. Keep yourself busy: Do something you like . It could be chatting, watching TV, going for a stroll or any thing at all
However, please see your physician if this lethargy is accompanied by weight loss, loss of appetite or cough

Hope this helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.