How to stay fit at the age of 68?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi... My name is XXXXXXX ...weight 62kg...'Age 68...retired...stress free Daily exercise usually morning...jogging around 5 kilometer five days per week....stretch afterwards....some times light weight workout....feel fit cardio wise.....feel I could jog 10k re cardio....all that said, my legs feel heavy..... My Carmin GPS time over 5.18k....31m30 seconds.....mid December 2013. Today over 40 minutes....tired legs....heart fine....Is it a symptom of my age...overdoing it for my age......or cut back to recover? Take supllements....more gym see an "age" fitness specialist....'Any ideas for. 68yo trying to stay fit!....'Cheers....'Harvey
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You should cut down your workout to half. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. According to your age, you should cut down your workout upto half. Take balanced diet, avoid tobacco, alcohol etc. You should not take excess supplements. If you want to take supplements then you should first take advise of gym trainer and not by yourself. Treadmill will help you building your stamina. Take rest in between for 2 mins. Take a lot of fruits. I hope you have got your answer. Thanks. Dr.Singh.