How to remove tanning from hands?

Hi Doctor,
I am XXXXXXX ,can you plz suggest me.Because My face colour is white and my hands get tanned up very soon so its changed into brownish colour and near my hip my skin is dryed up so i have the problem of removable of the skin near the hip so there also i want to change my skin colour .can u plz suggest me .
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 22 hours later
Chances of tanning and pigmentation are more in dry dehydrated skin. So firstly use a good hydrating soap and moisturiser. You may use venusia soap or elovera body wash or dove or pears. To hydrate your skin well you may use venusia lotion. This will also reduce dryness in your gluteal area( buttocks).

Now to treat the pigmentation and tanning,
Use a sunscreen with SPF 50 like melaguard or sungrace in morning
Apply skin lightening cream containing tretinoin,hydroquinone and a steroid like skinlite or triglow over affected area only in night.

You may consider taking few sessions of chemical peels with your doctor. These sessions are usually done two weeks apart and four to five sessions yield very good results.

At home you may also apply a mixture of chickpea flour, curd and tomato over affected area to help you reduce the tanned area.

Hope that helped.
Should there be a further query, feel free to write back.
Follow-up: How to remove tanning from hands? 24 hours later
i want to change my colour of my hip because when i wear saree i am so concerend abt the colour ,i don't no why the colour is different in that particular area .
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 26 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
I guess you are talking about your lower back.
Certain areas of body like axilla groins lower back maybe slightly more pigmented than rest of the body due to constant friction.

To treat the same
Use a sunscreen daily
Apply skinlite cream in night
Moisturise your skin daily
Take few sessions of Glycolic acid 50 percent peels. Three to four sessions should help and should be taken 15 days apart.

Hopefully your pigmentation should resolve in two to three months