How to remove fish scales stuck in throat?

ENT Specialist
Hello , Doctor Grief & good evening ! I Swallowed some salmon fish scales & feeling a little discomfort & a bit bothersome with some choking/cough due to it,what can I do to get rid what's in the wall of throat right now ? Ia there anything I can drink and hope it helps by dissolving it ? Thanks !
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could have just scraped your throat Detailed Answer: Hello Madam, It is possible that the scales injured your throat on their way down. The injury itself may be producing a foreign body sensation. There is nothing you can drink or eat that can dissolve it. Try looking at your throat in the mirror to see if anything is stuck in the throat. If you happen to see it then you should see an ENT specialist to get it removed. If you do not see anything then I suggest you wait till morning, If your symptoms get better that means the foreign body sensation was caused by the injury. If your symptoms get worse or remain same then you need to see a gatroenterologist. You may require an upper GI endoscopy to look into your food pipe. If the salmon piece is still stuck in your throat then oit can be removed with the endoscope. Regards, Dr Rajkishori.