How to relieve pain in the scrotum ?

General Surgeon
My husband has low testosterone. He usese androgel (sp?) but lately has been lazy and not using it. Lately he is complaining that when he wakes up in the am he feels like he has been kicked in the scrotum. It goes away after he is up and about. All of his PSA tests over the last 2 years have been normal (.06) He is seeing a urologist in the am. I am scared to death it is prostate cancer. He has no discomfort urinating or blood in the urine or difficulty passing or holding urine. Can you put my mind at ease a little. He is a painter though and I read that painters have an increased risk of prostate cancer.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 10 hours later

Early morning abnormal feeling in the scrotum like being kicked in the scrotum is not suggestive of prostate cancer. You are right in saying prostate cancer is more common among people dealing or handling chemicals or dyes. But as at present he has no sign & symptoms of any urinary problems like Dsyuria ( difficulty in urination), UTI, Hematuria, increased frequency of urination, nocturia and his PSA is also normal, so chances of prostate cancer is very low.

Symptoms of laziness and not using testosterone or androgel can be, he is not comfortable with it or due to side effects of drugs. But the opinion of urologist is required to come to a conclusion for the cause of the presenting symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish your husband a Good Health.
Follow-up: How to relieve pain in the scrotum ? 13 hours later
It turned out to be an infection. Cipro given and a followup appt. His ultrasound was normal, so was his urine, physical exam of the prostate and bladder as well as PSA level drawn yesterday. Much relief. Thank you for your words too. They helped me stay level headed.
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 1 hour later

Nice to hear from you again     

Timely action has relieved you of tension. I appreciate your timely interventions and I hope your husband is also happy.

“Wish you and your husband good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”