How to relieve menopausal symptoms?

May 2013
Hi, I am a 59yr old woman suffering with menapause symptoms of hot flushes day and night, mood swings, weight gain, poor sleeping etc etc. I had a complete hysterectomy 17yrs ago after which I had HRT implants that sent me crazy. I stopped taking or doing anything at all and found that I had no symptoms what so ever until 18mths ago and now they are severe. I have been on Progesterin 2mg which gave me awful side effects and now am trying some natural tablets called Femi-nan and Andrenoplex which are not helping. Two questions, 1. Why have I had no sypmtoms for so long and now have the whole gammit and 2. Given I have no ovaries is it possible that XXXXXXX can help and if so can it cause me any trouble down the track?
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Decreased hormonal production Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. 1. If ovaries are retained in your case, possibly they might have produced hormones for few years. Gradually because of the absence of end organ the function of ovaries might have decreased leading to menopausal symptoms. If you undergone total hysterectomy with salpingo oopherectomy, other tissues in the body like fatty tissue etc might have helped in producing the hormones. Because of changes in age, body weight, general health conditions etc, production of these hormones might have affected and led to menopausal symptoms. 2 . According to the manufacturers XXXXXXX cream helps in relieving menopausal symptoms. With limited period of usage, there may not be any major problems. Better to use with your doctor's advice. Take calcium supplementation along with that. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.