How to relax anal spinchter. Had fissure. how can I heal?

How can I relax my anal spinchter, its very tight as I had fissure and how can I heal the XXXXXXX fissure
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...explained below
Detailed answer...
There are two portions of anal sphincter XXXXXXX and external.
External sphincter is controlled by central nervous system and it controls the movements like you control your muscles of hands and legs.You can control your external sphincter by your will. XXXXXXX sphincter is controlled by autonomic nervous system like respiration,blood pressure etc.You can not control the XXXXXXX sphincter as it is done automatically.
The ways to relax your XXXXXXX anal sphincters are...
1... Never ignore your bowel movement and whenever you get the urge for BM,go and do it.
2... Never ignore the urge for may delay it for few minutes because of social compulsions,but not for very long time.
3.. The most important factor s to keep your stool moist,well formed and bulky by having plenty of fibre in your diet.This automatic helps for healing of XXXXXXX anal fissures also.
The steps for natural healing of anal fissures are...
Take plenty of water every day.
Eat plenty of fresh fruits,green vegetables,beans and whole grains.
Do regular aerobic exercises for 45 minutes a day.
You can add some fibre in your diet by taking psyllium husk every day.
In the acute stage of anal fissure,sitting in warm water for 20 minutes a day help in healing your fissures.
Apply local ointments as advised by your doctor.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: How to relax anal spinchter. Had fissure. how can I heal? 2 minutes later
Thanks doctor I was advised to apply shield ointment but im not seeing any difference is there any other best ointment available in india
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 25 minutes later
SHIELD OINTMENT is all right and you may continue using it but make sure that you don't use it for more than two weeks as it may cause thinning of anal skin.
The other most important part of treament is keeping your stool light by taking plenty of water,adding fibre in your diet and exercises as explained above.If your stool is still hard with these measures,you can take laxative like CREMAFFIN.It can be taken as three tsf in night and This would make your stool loose.
You can also use PLAIN LIGNOCAINE OR LIDOCAINE JELLY,15 minutes before going for stool.This would anesthetize your anal area and help in passing a painless stool.
Normally fissure heal in 3-4 weeks time with the above mentioned ways of treatment.
9 out of 10 people can heal their fissure by above mentioned ways.
In some cases,one has to resort for surgery.
Follow-up: How to relax anal spinchter. Had fissure. how can I heal? 4 minutes later
Thanks for your time doctor I wish i could come out of this asap...
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 minutes later
Be patient and relaxed.
Take all the measures as explained above and you shall be successful.
Best of luck
Revert back to me for any assistance.
I would be happy to help you.