How to reduce weight when have problem of leg pains?

Hi doctor, i am XXXXXXX 27year old 5.11ft height and 95kg weight around 27-28kg extra than my ideal weight . I am currently planning to reduce my weight. but my actual problem in legs pain my keens and ankle pains very much. what should i do for. cant bear the pain. pls help Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Obesity can cause leg pains Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have read your query. I am glad your are planning to reduce your weight. Your actual problem of pain in legs, knees, and ankle is due to the excess body weight that you are carrying around. If the pain is severe, you can take pain killers like Brufen or Voveran for relief. You need to exercise daily to reduce the pain as well, as regular exercise causes new bone generation, and prevents osteoporosis. Meanwhile, get your serum calcium, Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 levels tested as well. Hope this helps you. Regards,
Follow-up: How to reduce weight when have problem of leg pains? 27 minutes later
Hi doctor, Thanks for reply. You have mentioned about some tests. What are the benefits of taking those tests. Can i take those tests in any general hospital ? I request you to answer for this question. Regards, XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer: tests done to detect deficiency Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have suggested you to get serum calcium, Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 levels tested. It is to check of deficiencies of these substances in your body. As deficiency of this is most common cause of pain in legs, knees and ankles, I have suggested you to undergo the tests. If there is deficiency, you can be treated accordingly, and your pain would go away. You can take these tests at any standard diagnostic laboratories like Ranbaxy, thyrocare. I doubt the tests would be done in a general hospital. Thank you!