How to reduce weight. Suggest diet to reduce weight?

Dietitian & Nutritionist
How to reduce weight?
I'm staying in p.g there is no enough space to do exercise. I want to change my food habit I guess. plz suggest thru food habit or diet how to reduce my weight?
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Meenakshi Attrey 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Concentrate on a low fat and low calorie diet

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Health Care Magic.

When it comes to diet, the choices for a weight loss program rotate around the high fiber sources of energy while eliminating any possible source of empty calories like alcohol and carbonated beverages. Also, the other high calorie foods like sweets, white rice, sugars, ice cream, refined foods etc. should be cut down in terms of their intake.

Dairy is important, but is would be wise to opt for low fat dairy products and avoid adding any sugar to these items.
Fats and fried foods have a lot of flavor but at the same a time these provide quite high percentages of calorie post digestion, in addition to the unwanted fats and sometimes direct cholesterol. Choose from refined vegetables oils like rice XXXXXXX olive, corn etc. while eliminating the saturated fats like coconut oil, pure ghee and butter etc.

Fruits and vegetables are low in calories but are packed with vitamins, minerals and fiber. These are good options for a quick bite as a snack. Not only refreshing, but they also help in improved digestion and keep you full. Nuts and dry fruits may also be taken in moderation, keeping in mind that when fried nuts and dry fruits provide too many calories, and are also difficult to digest. Whole pulses and cereal grains are packed with quality fiber, and maintain satiety for longer hours.

Go for pears, XXXXXXX cider vinegar, yogurt, unsalted popcorn, green tea, black coffee (sugarless) and black beans. Use less salt in diet and take your meals on time. You may divide the meals into small portions and have it at regular intervals. Club the diet program with physical activities for better results. A brisk walk of 30 minutes or some light exercises may be started at initial phase. Gradually improving the time and frequency. if u have the space constraint try skipping and stationary jog and simple aerobics. Certain yoga asanas like kapalbhanti and vajrasan are also helpful

Hope this helps.