How to reduce the swelling and blood clot on lips after a fall?

General Surgeon
My daughter is 17 months and she fall from a knee height level cabinet. Luckily, there is no injuries but there is a blood clot under her upper lips. She seems to be ok. Cause is eating normal and playing as usual. The only thing is her lips swollens here and then. other than that she is ok. How can i ease her blood clot or stop her swollen lips. Please advice
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: local application of ice and glycerine Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms Rasulasath. I usually advise my patients application of ice over the swollen lip, 4 to 5 times a day is sufficient followed by Glycerine application. It definitely helps. If there is no breach in the mucosa, there is no cause of concern and the clot should resolve soon. Wishing your baby speedy recovery. I hope it helped Do get back to me if you need any further assistance will be glad to assist you Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore Consultant Pediatric Surgeon