How to reduce the problem of acidity?

Hi Doctor, for the last two days i am getting acidity problem. which makes me little uncomfortable in the working time. Please suggest how to reduce the problem
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Use antacid gels like mucaine gel. Detailed Answer: Hello Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for the question. For acidity I would generally advice an antacid gel/suspension like Mucaine gel, two tea spoons three times a day, just before meals along with a proton pump inhibitor such as omeprazole 20 mg twice a day, about half an hour before food, to my patients. You may consider following this and see how it goes, and in case you don't find any relief, I would suggest you to consult your family doctor and get yourself examined to look for any particular problem. I hope you will find this information useful, in case you have any doubts, you are most welcome to ask me to clarify. Wishing you good health. Regards.