How to reduce the body weight? Suggest some ayurvedic or homeo medicine

I would like to reduce the body weight from 86kg current to 75kg .Please let me know the steps involved .I would like to go only for ayurvedic or homeo medicine if required
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

A person is classified as normal weight,overweight or obese based on their height and weight. The weight in kg is divided by the height in m (this is squared).For example if your height is 1.75 m - this value would be squared and your weight would be divided by the result.
If the result is between 25 to 29.9 you are overweight, if it is greater than 30 then you would be classified as obese.

It can be difficult to lose weight so it is important not to give up if you lose it slowly.It is actually easier to lose weight by modifying your diet than by exercise because it takes an hour or more of exercise to acheive the same reduction in calories as changing one meal or two meals.Exercise , however , is very important in keeping the weight off and in keeping the heart healthy.
Our body naturally produces insulin- this hormone causes our body to store fat by stopping fat from being broken down. This is the theory of one of the popular diets- low carb diets.
By reducing carbohydrates, there is less insulin secreted and fat is broken down.
To reduce carbohydrates, you would need to significantly reduce the amount of bread, biscuits,breakfast cereals,rice,pasta,potatoes, starchy vegetables, high carbohydrate fruits, no fruit juices or carbonated drinks- there are websites that can tell you exactly which fruits and vegetables to use.Use salads (2-3 times a day) and non starchy vegetables (1-2 times a day) with your protein (animal or plant protein such as eggs, hotdogs,chicken, beans, peas).You can use as much protein as you like, it would not affect your organs.
Drink alot of water, if you have any issues with constipation then you can use a fiber supplement.

You can add an exercise regimen after 2 to 3 weeks.

I hope this helps,feel free to ask any other questions