How to reduce sgpt, cholesterol, hdl, ldl and sgot levels?

Pediatrician
Question
How to reduce sgpt with 91.2 is this level XXXXXXX at 40 years.also cholesterol is241 in total with hdl 62 and LDL 156'vdl 23 also SGOT 45.7, SGPT 91.2
Posted Wed, 28 Nov 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 27 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

Let me first take the liver enzymes, SGOT and SGPT. There is no significance of raised value of isolated liver enzyme. Hence, you need not worry about the raised SGPT level. As you have not mentioned the bilirubin level, which I presume is normal, I would not worry about them.

Your cholesterol is on the higher side and LDL level is on the higher side of normal. The HDL and VLDL levels are normal.

I think you need not worry about the values.

I hope I have answered your queries to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

RKK

Follow-up: How to reduce sgpt, cholesterol, hdl, ldl and sgot levels? 11 minutes later
Thanks a lot. Also the total bilirubin 1.10, conjugated bilirubin .27 and unconjugated bilirubin .83'alkaline phosphate56.5,total protien8.2 serum albumin 5.1, globulin 3.1and ag ratio 1.64

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 25 minutes later

Thanks for the update.

The values provided by you seem to be within normal range and you need not worry about them.

RKK