How to reduce my eosinophil count?

Apr 2014

Dear dr How to reduce eosinophills level from 14
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Take Diethyl carbamazine 100 mg TDS for 21 days. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You are suffering from eosinophilia(increased eosinophil count in blood). Increased eosinophil count may be due to many reasons like parasite infection,allergy,myeloproliferative disorder etc. You need proper clinical examination and few more investigations. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Chest X-ray(PA view),Ultrasound of abdomen,Urine RE/ME,Stool routine and microscopic examination,serological tests for parasitic and connective tissue. Eosinophilia treatment is to treat underlying cause. If no cause is detected(Idiopathic eosinophilia),trail of steroid can be given. You can also take tablet Diethyl carbamazine 100 mg thrice daily for 21 days.It is helpful in many cases. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Follow-up: How to reduce my eosinophil count? 48 hours later
Dear Dr, I have treated by Streo-16 and hatrazen 100 TDS (Diethyl carbamazine) , No relief, Rgds XXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Other causes should be ruled out. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Thanks for writing back If you have taken Hetarzan then you need detail investigation for other causes as discussed earlier.Hetrazan is used as an anti-helminthic agent. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX