How to reduce itching caused by wearing hearing aids?

ENT Specialist
Recently I started wearing hearing aids - phonak audio q - my left ear canal itches yesterday i saw my Kaiser dr and had wax removed the itching persists after I during and after remove the hearing aids Is there something I can do or buy to help reduce this itching
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Get an ear examination. Check the custom mould fit Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. 1. The Phonak Audeo Q is a premium range of hearing aids, some with a receiver in ear. 2. The most common reasons for such discomfort is wax accumulation and bacterial or fungal infections. Get your ears examined by an ENT specialist to check for these conditions. 3. If you have a custom ear mould, get the fitting checked by the Audiologist. 4. Do not self medicate. When using a new hearing aid, or for the first time, the ear canal and cartilage may take some time to get used to the pressure of the ear piece and processor. This is a normal process. 5. Other causes for the ear itching, such as referred sensations must be ruled out. I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them, Regards.