How to reduce high blood pressure?

I am 78 years old. My pressure just now is 190/109. How can I lower it. I will call my dr on Monday. I take 100 mg of losartan daily.
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Recheck / Add another drug Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic Relax! Re-check the pressure Try to talk to your doctor If not feasible, get checked in ER… You are already on maximum dose of Losartan… The next step is to add another drug… A Calcium Channel Blocker can be added in a small dose – e.g. Amlodipine 2.5 mg. / can be stepped up, later / maximum dose is 10 mg OR A diuretic like Chlorthalidone or Hydro-Chloro-Thiazide(HCTZ) can be added. The dose is 12.5 mg The treating doctor can suggest further based on his assessment of the situation. Take care Wishing all well God bless Good luck