How to reduce fluid across forehead due to indented area caused by a fall?

I have an endented area on my forehead caused by the corner of a box falling on my forehead about 3 years ago. Since then there has been a slow drainage from that area, causing sweling along my forehead. At first it was absorbed fairly well. It now forces fluid across my entire forehead until the pressure finally forces it to "drain" down the sides of my forehead area. The pressure of this sweling is now constant with increasing paiin because the drainage is faster then absorption. My GP says nothing can be done. The plastic surgeon on my insurance does only reconstruction. Where do I go now? XXXX 84 years old. YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Opinion of neurosurgeon important. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I do think the most important thing to know about your health condition at this point is getting an exact diagnosis. It is important and compelling to get a Brain Ct scan done, in case you have not done one yet. What you describe could be that the trauma caused a leakage of cerebrospinal fluid into neighboring structures, or this could be blood, or persistence of a fracture line that could require repair. With the results of a CT scan and a proper clinical evaluation is important. The opinion of neurosurgeon in my opinion is compelling. Thanks and kind regards. Please, feel free asking further questions in case of need. I would be glad to offer any suggestions in case of need. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Dr Bain