How to reduce cholesterol levels?
User rating for this question
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer: start statin drugs, anti histamine like cetrizine. Detailed Answer: Hello dear XXXXXXX gopan, Thanks for your query at XXXXXXX I understand your concern. I have gone through your reports total cholesterol and Ldl cholesterol are very high in your case. My recommendation for reduction of cholesterol levels to normal are: 1) healthy life style 2) reduction of weight to BMI of 25 or less, 3) daily regular exercise for 30 min at least 5 days in a week, 4) avoid junk food, spicy food, non vegetarian food as much as possible, 5) increase quantity of fiber diet and fruits and green leafy vegetables, 6) you should start on lipid lowering drugs like statins group of drugs to lower cholesterol levels . Early morning wheezing , weakness with elevated esinophil count indicate that these symptoms are because of air way hyper responsive to allergen . Intially we need to identify what is causing allergy like pollution , dust or pollen . My recommendation would be 1) get lung function test to rule out obstructive lung diseases, 2) specific allergen test to identify cause of allergy, 3) avoid pollution as far as possible, 4) keep your living area free from dust 5) keep away from pet animals, 6) take h1 antagonist drug like cetrizine 5 mg before sleep, that will decrease allergic symptoms., 7) bronchodilators and other group of drugs after above mentioned test results. Hb count is normal for your age nothing to worry about it. We can discuss further after your reports and it will be more productive if you can provide some more details in history 1) is there any history of asthma, 2) is there history of allergy to specific allergen , 3) any history of diabetes and hypertension, 4) are you on any lipid lowering drugs now? Hope I answered your query. Any further information we discuss on follow up query. Regards
Follow-up: How to reduce cholesterol levels? 21 hours later
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 7 hours later
Brief Answer: get PFT test , start on statins. Detailed Answer: Hello dear XXXXXXX gopan thanks for accepting my advices. You are having early morning wheezing episode for which casue has to be identified. There is test called Pulmonary function test ( PFT ) that will determine whether it is restrictive or obstructive lung disease on which further management will depend on. In my previous explanation I have mentioned possible ways to reduce cholesterol levels you need to follow them . You need to start on lipid lowering drugs called statins , the dose and duration of course can be decided by your physician based on your clinical condition. Discuss with your clinician about starting and dosage of the drug. Hope I answered your query. Regards.
People also viewed
- How to reduce sgpt and cholesterol levels
- What are the side effects of terbinafine tablets and hydroxypropyl-chitosan nail lacquer?
- What are the side effects of chlorpheniramine, guaifenesin, hydrocodone, pseudoephedrine?
- How can i reduce high cholesterol level
- Is swelling of the feet or lower legs a side effect of efavirenz/emtricitabine/tenofovir?
- Have abnormal cholesterol level how to reduce this
- Is runny nose a side effect of miconazole topical?
- How to reduce cholesterol levels
- Is severe constipation a side effect of ms contin?
- How to reduce blood cholesterol level
- Is blurred vision a side effect of mefenamic acid?
- Is blurred vision a side effect of hydrocortisone?
- Is loss in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance a side effect of metoclopramide?
- Is shortness of breath a side effect of metformin?
- Is pain spreading from the abdomen or stomach to the left shoulder a side effect of remicade?