How to reduce cholesterol level?

Recent lipid test shows high total chalestrol = 213. What to do how i can reduce chalestrol.
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Prasad 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Practice life style changes... Detailed Answer: Hi, Total cholesterol value of 213mg/dl is marginal elevation. I would not be very concerned with this number. You should start a healthy life style. Cut down excess calorie food such as sweets, chocolates, deserts, sugar and so on. Increase fibre rich food such as whole grain, vegetables and some fruits. Reduce the fatty foods such as cheese, dairy products, deep fried food, meat, liver and so on. With these dietary changes start exercise and other physical activities and maintain adequate body weight. Needless to say, you should avoid alcohol and smoking. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards