How to reduce chest pain with discomfort while climbing stairs?

Good morning i am XXXXXXX 35 years . my complain is that i couldn't recognize if what i feel is chest pain , nerve pinch or muscle pain > i have a problem in my cervical area that lead to squeeze the nerve specially in my left side of my body . i feel this minor discomfort when climb up 9 flights (about 260 stairs) i also feel a very minor arm pain . i did an ECG & Cardio Stress test last week & both were normal , i also did a lipid test & it was fine then my Cardiologist told me to go out of the Clinic & that i am fine > i am very anxious & stressed > but i need to make sure that i am fine . Note: this chest feeling doesn't force me to stop climbing so i always continue >
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have read all your medical history and I understood your concern. The pain you are feeling is not a typical cardiac pain. Furthermore, you have already done all the cardiac tests which has resulted normal. So, there is nothing to worry about your heart. Your symptoms might indicate problems to your cervical spine (possible spondiloarthritis). So, I'd suggest to do an X-ray of the cervical spine to rule it out. I also advise to apply local analgezic each time you feel the pain and to take pain-killer orally. Hope it answered to your inquiry! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have. Dr.Benard
Follow-up: How to reduce chest pain with discomfort while climbing stairs? 32 minutes later
I did xray & the report said a case of cervical spondylosis é neck muscle spasm for physiothirapy & excew . I began the physiotherapy but i just went 2 times so till now i feel nothing in progress but they told me that in the 3rd session if i don't feel any progress he will use a new technique with me .
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi again, You are referring to spondylosis, and your symptoms were typical for this. The only treatment in this case includes - oral pain-killers - local analgezic cream - physiotherapy. However, you should be constistent in following your doctor/physiotherapist advice until improvement. Please bare in mind that it will need time and constincy to achieve it. All the best and enjoy life! Dr.Benard If you are satisfied with my answer, please close this thread and kindly rate my answer! Thank you!