How to reduce burning sensation in my lips and tongue?
User rating for this question
Hello sir, for the last two days i am unable to eat any spicy foods, Because i have some burning sensation in my lips and tongue(I am staying in a very cool climate), so please help to solve this problem.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 2 hours later
hello and welcome to health care magic, I am Dr Sriram Nathan an ENT surgeon and I will try to help you out with your problem. Since you are unable to eat spicy food just for a couple of days I would not press the panic button yet and assure you that you will be fine in a couple of days. In all probability you may have a mucositis or a reflux which has made the mucosa or the lining of your tongue and oral cavity sensitive to spice. Our tongue and oral mucosa have excellent regenerating capability and they will definitely recover in a day or two and you will feel better. In any case do not worry and do these: - avoid anything spicy, oily or high flavoured for the next couple of weeks - take lots of green leafy vegetables so that your mucosal regeneration may happen faster - take a course of anti reflux tablet like Pantoprazole in consultation with your doctor - I would usually also recommend a good multivitamin with since for mucosal regeneration like zoncovit. Your doctor will know about this - since you are in a cold climate, it may be difficult to eat healthy food but try to procure some fruits and vegetables so that you will get well soon wait for a couple of days and if this does not help then you must take an Upper GI endoscopy and blood profiling and get back to me or any ENT with the reports Hope this helps and if you have any more doubts you may ask them regards Dr Sriram Nathan
People also viewed
- Coughing and blowing green snot
- Is joint pain, stiffness, or swelling a side effect of exforge?
- Burning sensation on tongue
- Coughing after swallowing down wrong pipe
- Is dimpling of the breast skin a side effect of estratest h.s.?
- Is unusual bleeding or bruising a side effect of asparaginase ?
- Burning tongue sensation cure
- Is rhythmic movement of the muscles a side effect of duragesic?
- How to cure burning sensation in tongue
- Crusting on ear drum fullness in ear
- Coxsackie virus how long to get blood work results
- Burning sensation throat and tongue
- Is shortness of breath a side effect of first progesterone mc5?
- Coughing up blood lump in throat
- Tip of tongue burning sensation