How to reduce belly fat?

How to reduce belly? I dont eat much food..
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Eating Disorders
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Determined efforts & needful medicines will help.

Detailed Answer:

To reduce belly is really a prime need for avoiding possible health hazards. I appreciate your concern. The basic objective in reducing belly is to increase the muscle mass & reduce fat.

Belly reduction is in fact achieved by life style changes, self control & determination. Still to exclude certain conditions like Diabetes or thyroid problems is the first thing to be done. Please get the following tests done.
- Thyroid function tests
- Glucose tolerance test
- Lipid profile.
With the report you should visit an Endocrinologist. The treatments, if necessary, would definitely assist in Belly reduction.

In addition you need life style changes.
-Regular eating habits, To eat a bit less at dinner ( take Dietician's advice )
- Break fast should include high proteins with milk and bread (as per a dietician's advice.
-Principle meals are to be started with, soups, salads, vegetables and sprouts ,to be followed by staple food which have low Glycemic index.
- Avoid spicy, fried, food, excess of ghee, sweets, excess of salt. No fast food, ice creams, pastry, sweet fruits, fruit juices, cold drinks are to be completely avoided.
- Regular exercises in form of brisk walk 45 minutes/day
- If possible, join a health club OR yoga exercises involving abdominal muscles should be done alternate day. Few yogasanas that I recommend my patients are
a) XXXXXXX Namaskaras -gradually increased up to 12/day.
b) Kapalbhati Pranayam.
c) Agnisar XXXXXXX
d) Nauli XXXXXXX
- Avoid sleeping immediately after eating.
- Be engaged in active work
- A Yoganidra is good tool for sound sleep. No sleep in afternoon. Avoid sleeping for more than 8 hours in night.
- adapt a positive attitude.

A determined & continuous effort with medications as per need to control endocrine disorders & a positive approach has best & permanent effect for Belly reduction as compared to the instant formulas available in market.

I hope, you are satisfied with the answer. Any further query is welcome