How to reduce Hair Fall?

How to reduce Hair Fall?

my age is 23 and i am loosing my hairs much.

can you help on this?
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Change your life style...

Detailed Answer:

Hair fall is a normal process of hair life cycle. Old hairs fall off to be replaced with new set of hairs. Therefore if the amount of hair fall is not significant it should not bother you. We can hair fall as significant if more than 100 hair strands fall off on an average in a single day. Any number less than 100 is considered not significant.

If you have significant hair fall, then we need to check if you suffer from medical illness. I check for blood hemoglobin, blood sugar as well as thyroid function in my first set of investigations. If any abnormality is found that needs to be treated.

If there are no abnormalities, then hair fall is treated with
1. A good antidandruff shampoo - I recommend nizoral shampoo three times a week for 3 months
2. Use healthy food - root vegetables such as beetroot, radish, turnip, potato, etc are good for hair. Take them in plenty.
3. Vitamin supplements such as Tab. Biotin forte one tablet a day for couple of months.
4. Adequate sleep and rest along with physical exercise to keep stress effects.
5. No fasting or over eating.

You should try these for the next couple of months before you approach for other treatment in case you have significant hair fall.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.