How to reduce HDL and high blood pressure?

How can i reduce the HDL and high blood pressure ? HDL is 189 and BP is 130. Thanks
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 54 minutes later
Brief answer...given below. Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. In most likely hood you are talking about LDL levels being 189,which is definitely very high. LDL cholesterol is a bad cholesterol and HDL is a good cholesterol. To decrease LDL... Do regular exercises Reduce your weight.It is said that reduction of weight by 10% reduces strokes and heart attacks by 20%. Avoid saturated fats and transfats. Take more of fruits and green vegetables. Avoid cold drinks,fast foods etc. Consume more of oats,whole grains and high fibre foods. I presume that your systolic blood pressure or upper reading is 130 which is a stage of prehypertension and can be made all right by just adopting lifestyle measures as advised above. Ideally your BP should be below 120/80mm of Hg. In case you are able to bring your LDL levels below 100 by adopting healthy lifestyles as advised above in next 3-4 months,then nothing better than this. In case you are unable to lower your LDL below 100 then the best would be to start medicines called as statins under the supervision of your doctor. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks