How to recover from painful bones due to paralysed muscles and flu symptoms?

Question
I AM 91 YEARS OLD. IN GENERAL GOOD HEALTH UNTIL THREE WEEKS AGO I GOT FLUE SYMTEMS,' MY WHOLE BODY BECAME VERTUALLY PARALIZEDMY MUSLESDONT WORK AN I CAN HARDLY GET OUT OF BED OR WALK.. THE BONES HAVE BEEN VERY PAINFUL' MY DOC IS HAVING A BLOOD SAMPLE ANALYSED'I MAY BE DYING. HELP!
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Haseena Hamdani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: These are common symptoms of flu. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. These are common symptoms of common viral infection. Viral fever causes whole body pain, joint pains , general weakness , cough, nasal congestion and other vague symptoms. At old age, it may cause bit more weakness, and chances of complications like Pneumonia etc, cam increase. It is good that you have undergone some blood test, just to rule out some other causes for these symptoms. DO not worry, Your Doctor is doing blood test just as a routine check. I would advise you that you must get flu vaccine and pneumonia prevention vaccine once in a year. Keep yourself well hydrated, take proper rest, take easy digestible and high energy food, and proper medication as prescribed by your medicines. You may also be given some supplement to recover fast from your illness. Wish you speedy recovery. You are welcome for any further query. Dr H Hamdani