How to recognize Diazepam pill?

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I want to make sure I have 10mg diazepam. Light blue round pill. Scored with a P on top and 10 below. Blank on the back
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. I usually never advise my patients to take medicines by remembering their colors or some thing written on it because in market may type of medicines look alike. Although diazepam tablet is blue in color; has P marked on one side and the other side has XXXXXXX 5620. Still be cautious to use it .You can use magnifying glass to see what is written on strip. You may ask some body to help you. Always consult regarding dose of diazepam and do not take it without a prescription. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask further health related query. Thanks. Dr.Singh.

Follow-up: How to recognize Diazepam pill? 50 minutes later
The back of the pill is blank. It does not have XXXXXXX 5620 on the back? However, I have had 3 others who seemed pretty confident it was Diazepam. I guess Canada has a few versions of the generic brand.

Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: If you are confident then it is ok. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query again. If you are confident then it is ok. Otherwise I will again stress, that please do not remember medicines by their color or something written on it. Always consult your doctor before taking any medicine. I hope you have get your answer. You can ask any health related query. Thanks. Dr.Singh.