How to quit smoking?

I smoke 4 times how i have to quit an what should i do for reject it
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 1 hour later

Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your history. You have not mentioned duration since how long you are smoking which also play a part to quit.

You should quit it right away. Once you quit, you might have withdrawal features like irritation, constipation, low mood, or yawning weakness or easy fatigue. Usually it lasts for few days but in some case it may last longer.

To control withdrawal features, you should take symptomatic treatment like non steroidal analgesics, or multivitamins or laxatives depending upon the symptoms. You may get prescription from your doctor for the same.

There are some preparations like tablet bupropion or nicotine gums available to reduce the craving but it should take after consultation with your doctor.

You may also go for counselling to motivate yourself continuously to remain free form smoke.

I hope I have addressed your concern.