How to prevent recurrent sinus infections?

ENT Specialist
I have flu all the time.. how to prevent sinus at the same time
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 57 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. The 'flu' or influenza is a viral infection.

2. I am assuming that you are referring to perennial rhinitis or cold-like symptoms that are there throughout the year.

3. Get your nose examined. Get a nasal endoscopy done. Your doctor may get a Sinus CT done if medication fails.

4. An anti-histamine, an anti-leukotriene, a steroid nasal spray and steam inhalation will help to control the cold and sinusitis in the long term.. Get a trial of these medications prescribed from your doctor for at least two weeks initially. These can then be continued for many months according to the response.

5. The sinuses can be checked for blockage and other abnormalities. The sinuses are an integral part of the nose with the same XXXXXXX lining and hence it is not possible to prevent sinusitis every time.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.