How to prevent my baby from sleeping while feeding?
User rating for this question
My baby is 3 weeks old. I have few queries. 1. He feeds for 40-45 mins. After around 25 mins, he starts to sleep but doesnt leave the breast either. Should I stop the suction in 20 mins? 2. Should I feed 10 mins one side and 10 mins other side? 3. Baby sleeps continously for 4-5 hrs in the night. Should I wake him up inbetween and feed?
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Firstly I congratulate you on arrival of new family member. -it takes some times for young infants to regulate their feeding pattern. -normally baby should take feeding for 15 to 20minutes at one time and then again feed after 2 hours during day time. - give feeding from one breast at a time,empty it completely because hind milk is rich in fat and help in gaining weight -it is common for babies to fall asleep while taking feed,wake him by gently tickling on back of ear,sole . - during night time give feed at interval of 4 to 5 hours. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your baby good health. God bless....
Follow-up: How to prevent my baby from sleeping while feeding? 7 minutes later
Thanks for your reply. So, should I break the feeding after 20 to 30 mins?because he doesnt leave even after 45 mins sometimes.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Yes feed for 20 to 25 min and stop after that. Burp him properly for 10 to 15 minutes. Hope this helps.let me know if I can help you further. Happy parenting!!!
People also viewed
- Nhs direct lump behind ear
- How to prevent dreams while sleeping
- 7 year old crying during bowel movement stomach pain treatment
- Started valparin syrup for infant are there side effects
- Infant discharge behind ear
- How to prevent sperm leakage while sleeping
- Pain behind ear and dizziness
- How to prevent my baby from sleeping while feeding
- Child started coughing more after giving levolin syrup reason
- Lump behind ear hodgkins disease
- How often to feed baby
- Child swallowed ambi cream what to do
- Syndromes with dents behind ear
- Child given rotten milk by mistake will he get sick
- How to feed zinnat to a baby