How to prepone periods?

Excellent
Question
Im 28 yrs old and geting married on 19th and want to prepond my periods. doctor prescribed meprate 3 tablets a day from 5th to 7th, after which i will get my periods in 3-5 days. Is meprate safe? My periods is always regular with 25-28 days cycle. i have used tablets to postpond my periods only once or twice in last few years. will this tablet have any effect of my period cycle, marriage life or uterus? [My actual period date should be around 18th of this month as per my periods cycle] will there be any issue in preponding the periods for 10 days?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Meprate is a safe drug. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Meprate is very safe drug, except for some minor side effects like nausea, vomiting , bloating sensation or mood swings. will this tablet have any effect of my period cycle, marriage life or uterus? rarely it might irregularize for few cycles, but it may become normal by itself. It wont affect your marriage life and it does not have any adverse effect on the uterus. The amount of medroxyprogesterone is too low to cause any adverse effect. will there be any issue in preponding the periods for 10 days? no, kindly do not worry and just enjoy your married life. After marriage if you are not planning for any pregnancy then use some suitable contraception. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: How to prepone periods? 2 days later
Thanks doctor but a big list of side effects were given for meprate tablet. Do i need to worry about this? Warnings and Precautions : Caution should be exercised in patients with history of breast cancer, unexplained vaginal bleeding, abortion, blood clot events, stroke, seizures, migraine, headaches, depression, asthma, diabetes, heart, kidney, or liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication. Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may cause dark skin patches. It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly. Side Effects : Body as a Whole - Headache, abdominal pain/discomfort, fatigue, backache, painful menstruation and hot flashes. Metabolic - Increased weight. Central Nervous System - Nervousness, dizziness, decreased libdio, paralysis, facial palsy, tingling and drowsiness. Genitourinary - Menstrual irregularities, excess bleeding, breast cancer, unexpected pregnancy, vaginal cyst, infections, increased sexual activity and absence of menstrual cycle. Heart - Fainting, fast heart rate, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolus and varicose veins. Gastrointestinal - Changes in appetite, jaundice, excessive thirst and rectal bleeding. Blood - Anemia and blood disorders. Musculoskeletal - Joint inflammation. Respiratory - Difficulty in breathing and asthma. Skin - Excessive sweating, body odor and dry skin. Read more: Medroxyprogesterone (Amen) Drug Information - Indications, Dosage, Side Effects and Precautions | Medindia WWW.WWWW.WW

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 9 hours later
Brief Answer: It is a safe drug. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, most of the side effects which you have mentioned are mainly due to overdose or it could be due to some associated medical conditions which are present. Some persons who have medical disorders like severe uncontrolled diabetes, hypertension or liver or kidney disorders or history of thromboembolism or stroke behave differently when they take medroxyprogesterone. I presume you are not having any medical disorders. If you use this medication with proper dose and duration I don't think you will experience any serious side effects. I myself have used this medication for many of my patients and I have found out this to be a wonderful drug in controlling the periods and safe as well. Kindly do not worry so much, it is safe drug unless you have any medical condition. And definitely your doctor might have analyzed all these things before prescribing you this medication. Please take the medication as advised. You may encounter some minor side effects like nausea, vomiting, bloating sensation of abdomen or irregularity in periods. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!