How to prepone periods?

Mar 2016

hello i just need to know how to prepone periods please help
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments: 1) Prepone of period is quite difficult than postpone. It can be done with using hormonal contraceptive pill and certain food stuffs but you can't predict bleeding or spotting. 2) PREPONE of period is done in following way: a) Birth control pill : You can take combined birth control pill like FEMILON from Day1 of your cycle for continuous 2 weeks on scheduled time. After that, you will stop taking them and get withdrawal bleeding (similar to period) within 3 to 5 days (as you want). Irregular spotting may occur after that which can not be predicted. b) Food stuffs : Certain food stuffs are to be taken during taking the pill. They include pineapple, papaya, sugarcane juice, chicken, hot milk, broccoli, fennel seeds, salmon fish (rich in vitamin D & calcium), green vegetables (like spinach, brinjal etc), fish or fish oil (rich in omega-3 fatty acid), almonds, sesame seeds, yoghurt dairy product, soy milk, boiled egg, red or black grapes, tofu or paneer etc. These are quite helpful with pill to induce period within expected date. In addition, you must avoid mental stress and keep bowel habit regular. Take sound sleep and drink more water or fruit juice. 3) MY SUGGESTION: I suggest to postpone or delay your period which is more safe and you will be stress free from irregular spotting or bleeding. For this, you have to take Norethisterone pill (like PRIMOLUT-N etc) thrice daily 3 days prior to your expected due date and continue as long as you want (max 2 weeks). You will get withdrawal bleeding or period within 5 to 7 days after stopping them. Next 1 to 2 cycles may be irregular due to hormonal imbalance. However, it will overcome with the time. Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW